Unlike traditional exterior paint, elastomeric coatings are weatherproofing products that block out all moisture yet still allow a structure to “breathe.” They’re an excellent way to protect commercial structures from the considerable strain they endure from constant exposure to natural elements like air, rain, hail, sleet, and snow.
The distinct properties of elastomeric coatings make them an ideal choice for waterproofing stucco buildings, particularly those in areas of the country with extreme climate conditions.
Presto Restoration’s elastomeric wall coatings services provide long-term protection for your stucco building, historic structure, or other commercial property. Our 30 years of experience as commercial building waterproofing contractors ensure high-quality results unmatched by any other waterproofing service company.
Stucco Elastomeric Coating Services
Even though stucco exteriors are durable and low maintenance, time and age do affect them, often revealing multiple vulnerabilities. An elastomeric coating prevents stucco cracking and water damage by applying a much thicker, flexible layer to seal and bridge cracks on the building’s surface.
While they’re an attractive, long-lasting weatherproofing product, elastomeric coatings can be tricky to apply correctly. Contractors who are inexperienced in applying elastomeric coatings can often unwittingly decide to thin the product like regular paint, particularly if they don’t have spraying equipment that can handle the thicker product. Unfortunately, there are also unethical contractors who thin the product to improve their profit margin.
Good adhesion of an elastomeric coating requires a clean, sound surface. Because elastomeric essentially lay on top of the surface, you must repair most cracks, bug holes, and other voids and remove dust and debris before applying the coating. To avoid improper adhesion and a compromised lifespan, it’s essential to work with a waterproofing contractor with the expertise and experience to do the job right.
Presto’s Stucco Elastomeric Coating Services for Stucco
There are many advantages to elastomeric coatings as they:
- Provide a waterproof barrier and tightly seal the stucco surface.
- Stand up better to extreme weather conditions.
- Are typically applied using a low spread rate which ensures both a denser barrier and superior performance over the long term.
- Bridge minor cracks and imperfections, improving your building’s appearance and keeping it looking great for years post-application.
- Deliver a strong return on investment, protecting and enhancing your building through cost savings and increased value.
We’re dedicated to giving our customers the exceptional weatherproofing solutions they need to maintain and protect their buildings. Our elastomeric coating services for stucco provide waterproof barriers that last for decades.
No other waterproofing contractor comes close to our detailed and exacting elastomeric application process.
- Pre-project testing. We perform in-depth testing on your building’s materials to determine the best weatherproofing process.
- Surface preparation. We apply caulking and make any necessary repairs to the surface to provide a sound substrate for the coating. Larger cracks are treated with a sealant, and, if necessary, a primer is applied.
- Product application. Before application begins, we take whatever precautions are called for to protect your building, its surroundings, and its occupants. We pay close attention to drift, or the distance the coating’s particles can travel in the wind. Elastomeric coatings are applied with sprayers, brushes, and rollers.
It’s also vital to replace any defective sealants, particularly those in control joints and window systems before applying an elastomeric coating. We cut out old sealants and caulking and a new urethane sealant is applied. This ensures a perfect seal for the new surface and prevents water from getting behind the coating.
Once the coating process is complete, maintenance is quick and easy—a simple building rinse-down every few years has you covered.
Why Elastomeric Coatings Are a Great Choice for Stucco Buildings
It’s true elastomeric coatings cost more than other surface coatings. However, their numerous benefits make them a preferred choice for both preventing leaks and eliminating flaws caused by cracks, holes, and other imperfections. They provide superior weatherproofing and long-term durability, prolonging your building surface’s lifespan while enhancing its appearance.
Elastomeric coatings come in a wide variety of colors to match or complement any building’s exterior. They’re also:
- Impervious to mildew and dirt.
- Able to adhere to almost every surface.
- Resistant to cracking.
- Typically a one-coat process.
- Low VOC. and environmentally friendly.
All in all, elastomeric wall coatings are a wise investment for preserving your building and parking structure for years to come.
Hire the Pros for Maximum ROI
To be effective, elastomeric coatings must be applied to the manufacturer’s specifications, and the right tools and techniques must be used. For optimal results, it’s essential to hire an expert to do the work. Presto Restoration’s elastomeric wall coatings services for stucco structures help you achieve maximum property value and ensure your new coating is as reliable and durable as it should be. To learn more about all our waterproofing services, contact us today.