Presto Restoration offers precast concrete restoration and protection services that help your structure stand the test of time. It’s one of the most durable building materials man’s ever made, but tough as it is, concrete at some point will need care and maintenance. Choosing the right tools, techniques, and technicians determines whether precast concrete restoration and protection services are successful.
What is Precast Concrete?
Considered a sustainable product, many building developers use precast concrete for LEED certification. Precast concrete structures range from parking garages to office buildings and sports stadiums. The material’s fire-resistant and sound-reduction characteristics make it ideal for numerous applications. Moisture and water penetration reduction and creating an energy-efficient environment are two of its greatest advantages. We can help with your precast needs if you own or manage one of the following buildings:
- Office buildings
- Multi-unit housing
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Retail shopping centers
- Parking structures
- Historic buildings
Do I Need Precast Concrete Restoration & Protection Services?
There are four key indicators that precast concrete needs preventative maintenance and repair:
- Leaking water is a clear sign a structure needs restoration and repairs. The longer you leave the condition unaddressed, the more expensive the restoration work can become. Signs of water leakage include exposed metals rusting, stains along the walls, and efflorescence.
- Expansion joint failure allows water to penetrate the precast. Expansion joint repair is much simpler than having to correct issues created by the corrosion of underlying materials. Detecting and reacting quickly to expansion joint problems is always beneficial in the long run.
- Spalling and horizontal and vertical cracking are commonly seen on precast concrete parking garages and represent threatening areas of weakness in the precast. Because they allow water penetration, any of these issues can lead to structural damage.
- Exposed rebar corrodes and expands when water is introduced. This condition occurs when cracks in the concrete allow water to make its way to the reinforcing steel. As the rebar keeps expanding, it causes more damage to the concrete around it, which results in more water penetration and corrosion. It’s critical to a structure’s integrity to stop this cycle as soon as possible.
Presto Restoration has decades of experience in precast concrete restoration and protection services. We can identify specific problem areas and recommend a restoration and maintenance plan that will help you:
- Delay or avoid more costly repairs and reconstruction
- Decrease liabilities
- Maintain your structure’s value
Our advanced restoration and protection processes and solutions, including proprietary coatings and sealants, are designed to extend the life of your precast concrete building, parking garage, or other structure.
Precast Concrete Restoration Services
Many commercial buildings are constructed with sensitive stone materials like precast, EIFS, and limestone marble which are easily damaged by a pressure washer. At Presto, we use our Stone Restore CB2® to keep precast clean and restore its natural beauty. It safely and effectively removes all biological staining and prepares the surface for a high-performance sealant such as our LeachStop® mineral leaching mitigation treatment, an invisible, protective barrier that helps prevent precast concrete from leaching minerals onto adjacent metal and glass surfaces.
Precast Concrete Cleaning Services
It’s a maintenance step that’s often overlooked, but cleaning is an essential step in the precast restoration process. Once your pre-cast restoration services are complete, it’s imperative to periodically clean the surface to prevent having to perform future restorations. Professional cleaning on a regular basis guarantees your building’s service life and optimizes its appearance and performance.
Precast Sealing Services
Water penetration prevention makes it impossible for biological stains to develop in the pores of precast and eliminates the need to clean the stone as frequently. Without precast protection, you can expect to clean your precast structure every one to two years. When sealed with a product like LeachStop, there’s no need to restore a building for at least 10 years.
If your building’s precast concrete darkens when it rains or when water is otherwise applied, consider a protective sealant to preserve it. Presto’s precast sealing services seal the surface’s natural pores to prevent water from entering the structure, avoid more extensive and more costly damage and repairs.
Precast Concrete Maintenance
After your structure is cleaned and sealed, we recommend creating a maintenance program that keeps your building in pristine condition.
- Check joints to ensure they’re properly sealed.
- If a sealer has not been applied, clean the surface every four to six years.
- Replace damaged joint caulking.
- Ensure window cleaning solutions are cleaned from precast to prevent staining.
Presto Precast Concrete Restoration & Protection Services
For more than 25 years, Presto Restoration has been a leading commercial precast concrete restoration and protection services provider throughout the country. Our skilled technicians can deliver the exceptional precast cleaning, sealing, and maintenance services your building needs and deserves. If you need precast concrete restoration and protection services call us at 1-800-785-9927 or request a quote.