Presto Restoration offers complete commercial window restoration services, including mineral deposit removal services, for all types of commercial structures. Compared to glass replacement, glass restoration services save commercial building owners and managers a substantial amount of money. Partnering with the right window restoration contractor ensures all glass issues are resolved and future glass staining is prevented.
Recognizing The Issue
Commercial windows are regularly subjected to all types of severe conditions that can damage their glass surface. While commercial glass restoration services often include window cleaning as a part of the process, you cannot repair the damage from staining, corrosion, splatters, and scratches with standard window cleaning procedures; they require glass restoration.
Here are the five most common types of damage you might notice on your building’s windows.
- Mineral stains occur when unsealed precast or poorly applied caulking leaches onto adjacent windows. Mineral deposit stains can be so dense that people can’t see outside. Mineral deposit removal services remove these stains and restore windows to their original condition.
- Hard water stains often result from window cleanings that use high mineral content tap water and dishwashing liquid. Sprinkler systems can also cause hard water stains to build up over time. Restoring the glass helps remove these stains and prevent them from occurring in the future.
- Scratches typically result when scrapers and abrasive glass cleaners and restoration products are used on windows. The scratches’ cloudy appearance makes the windows look filthy.
- Corrosion is caused by extreme exposure to multiple damaging elements. Resurfacing the window during the restoration process removes the damage and prevents optical distortion.
- Concrete and mortar splatter when dried are difficult to remove from glass. Some restorers resort to stainless steel scraper blades and dishwash, which often scratches the glass.
Where Mineral Deposits Come From
When calcium carbonate accumulates on your building’s windows, the result is hard water stains. Daily exposure to precast leaching and run-off, gutter leaks, and metal oxidation from window frames are just a few of the causes of mineral deposits. Sprinkler and pool cleaning systems that spray water can also be problematic.
To fix damage from overspray, you just need to adjust the system’s sprayers. When the issue’s due to other sources, though, you need to be proactive. Left unaddressed, the buildup of hard water mineral deposits on windows can lead to corrosion so severe it requires costly window replacement.
Avoid Using Abrasives or Acids
Unfortunately, many commercial window cleaning and restoration companies use hard acid products and abrasive techniques that burn and scratch window glass. You can tell these methods have been used by the hazed look the windows have. Aside from damaging your windows, acidic window cleaning products can also harm a building’s occupants. Presto’s mineral deposit removal services remove these stains without scratching the glass surface.
Professional Mineral Deposit Removal Services
Our professional glass restoration services:
- Safely remove hard water mineral deposits without damaging the glass or exposing people to harmful chemicals.
- Use tools and techniques that don’t scratch the glass surface.
- Include using safe cleaning solutions such as our proprietary water-based and acid-free EnviRestore® Glass Stain Remover that works without the use of machinery.
Presto’s mineral deposit removal services are simply the best way to remove and prevent hard water problems on your commercial building’s windows.
Protecting Your Windows from Future Stains
The best way to protect your glass restoration investment is with regular maintenance. Once your commercial building’s windows have been cleaned and restored, we recommend:
- Having the windows cleaned with deionized water two to three times per year.
- Protecting the glass surface every 10 to 20 years with one of Presto’s Glass Defender Series products.
- Sealing precast using our Leach Stop® Mineral Leaching Mitigation Treatment™ every five to 15 years as needed.
Contact Us for a Free Quote
Any number of factors contribute to commercial window glass damage, including hard water mineral staining, incorrect cleaning products, overspray, atmospheric pollutants, and leeching from adjacent building materials. Presto’s window restoration services remove these imperfections and save you substantial money over replacing the windows.
Whether you own a high-rise building, multi-family complex, or historic structure, Presto’s mineral deposit removal services restore your building’s windows to their original condition, leaving a good impression with tenants and visitors alike while ensuring glass surfaces are protected from future water damage.
To learn more, contact us online, request a quote, or call us at 1-800-785-9927.