You can tell a lot about a business from its building’s exterior. A clean, fresh appearance sets the stage for what visitors and customers can expect inside.
Perfectly clean windows are the dream of every business owner who wants to make a good impression. Commercial windows are especially challenging to keep clean as they often suffer the effects of construction dust, car exhaust, hard water, and a variety of environmental threats. Glass stain removal services are the solution you’re looking for.
If you own a commercial building, it’s possible to remove stains and restore glass windows and surfaces to like-new condition easily and quickly. Better still, regular glass maintenance keeps your windows free from discoloration and corrosion, extending their life and saving you from costly glass replacement.
Any building can benefit from proper window maintenance and glass stain removal services:
- High-rise corporate headquarters
- Mid-rise multi-family complexes
- Historic buildings including churches, museums, and municipal facilities
- Hospitals and medical centers
- Retail businesses and shopping centers
- Schools and other educational facilities
What Causes Commercial Glass Stains?
The most common window stain culprit is water, specifically mineral-laden water that’s been left to dry rather than removed from the glass. The magnesium and calcium in what’s called “hard water” cause the stains you frequently see on commercial buildings. Because glass is porous, it’s important to remove these stains as quickly as possible. Otherwise, these mineral deposits can make their way within the structure of the glass, causing permanent damage and shortening the glass’s lifespan.
Additional window stain-causing substances include runoff from masonry and other building materials, overspray from building contractors, and atmospheric pollutants like acid rain and dust.
How Glass Stain Removal Services Get the Job Done
Cleaning stains from windows is not as simple as wiping them down with soap and water. If the right products and equipment aren’t used, the glass can easily be scratched or damaged. The best way to attack stains on commercial glass is to hire a professional who’s trained and experienced in the restoration and protection of all exterior building surfaces, including glass.
When we first started, the Presto Restoration used all the latest recommended products and techniques for commercial glass cleaning, restoration, and preservation. Over time we became frustrated with how short-lived or ineffective these treatments and techniques were. Some of them were even dangerous to apply. Based on years of experience, we decided to do our research. We eventually partnered with a team of chemical engineers and developed a full line of proprietary glass restoration and protection products. Our exclusive line is designed to fight all exterior building surfaces, including commercial glass windows.
When providing glass stain removal services, we use two products to remove stains and other materials from glass surfaces:
- EnviRestore® Glass Stain Remover is a curative cream that does not require machinery and is designed to remove obstinate stains from glass surfaces effectively. The water-based product has a 3-year shelf life and removes common “Stage 1” corrosion as well as stains caused by mineral deposits. Acid-free, it repairs damage from oils, soap scum, adhesives, exhaust fumes, everyday grime and buildup, and other stubborn stains. It’s a cost-effective solution that leaves behind no greasy residue and offers easy clean-up.
- Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish® is the ideal solution for removing concrete, mortar, and other cement-like materials. Its complex polymer technology helps prevent scratching during the restoration process as scrapers are not usually required. Glass ReSurfacer also leaves behind a protective coating that prevents further concrete contamination. The fast-acting, chemist-created solution is a safe alternative to conventional acids and, when used correctly, doesn’t harm glass, caulking, stone, or metal surfaces.
Presto Glass Protection Products
Once stains are removed, we recommend using one of our three glass protection products to extend the life of your windows and other glass surfaces:
- Glass Defender® HD is an invisible, high-performance application that protects the glass from various damages and prevents scratching for up to 20 years.
- Glass Defender® MD performs like our HD product, but protects the glass from damaging elements and prevents scratching for up to 10 years.
- Glass Defender® Primer increases the life performance of Glass Defender MD up to 10 years and Glass Defender HD for up to 20 years.
Commercial Glass Care Access Equipment
Presto’s skilled technicians have extensive knowledge and access to a wide range of modern equipment to handle even the toughest glass stain removal jobs. Based on your building and needs, they use a unique combination of equipment to complete the job. Safety is always their number one priority.
- Aerial work platforms include articulating booms with multiple movable sections, telescopic booms that extend straight out and offer the greatest horizontal reach, and scissor lifts that extend straight up and provide a smaller ground-level footprint.
- Swing stages are suspended from beams and play a prominent role in high-rise glass stain removal services. All of our technicians are trained to safely set-up, operate, and break-down swing stages and control suspended scaffold hazards.
- Rappelling is used when the available space prevents setting up a stage. A Bosun or Boatswain’s Chair is suspended from a rope and allows technicians to access difficult-to-reach areas.
- Cranes with a cage or basket are used when swing stages and rappelling are not an option for hard-to-reach areas. Cranes are often used when working on high-rise buildings with unique or angled rooflines.
For Presto’s technicians, no angle is too difficult and no access point too high. We thrive on challenges!
You don’t have to live—or work—with hard water spots or other stains on your building’s windows. Professional glass stain removal services can make your windows shine their brightest and look their best.
If you are looking for a glass stain removal expert in your city, we would love to learn more about your project. Contact Presto Restoration for a free consultation today.
Call us at 1-800-785-9927 or Request A Quote.