Investing in commercial glass protection services is a critical part of extending the life of your building’s exterior glass, preserving its function and beauty for years to come. Window cleaning is not enough to remove the damage that builds up on glass over time, nor does it protect glass surfaces against future damage. The exterior windows and glass curtain wall systems on your commercial building enhance its appearance and keep everyone inside comfortable by regulating the amount of light, heat, and noise that comes inside.
Common Types of Window Damage
Many building owners and managers don’t think about window restoration until the water damage becomes quite apparent. That’s understandable, as glass deterioration typically takes place slowly. However, your building’s glass surfaces take a lot of abuse, and it’s caused by many sources, including:
- Mineral stains that leach from unsealed precast or poorly applied caulking onto adjacent windows. These deposits stain the glass and prevent people inside from seeing out. Glass restoration removes mineral stains and restores windows to their original condition.
- Hard water stains are usually caused by improper window cleaning methods that use high mineral content tap water and dishwashing liquid. Windows that are near sprinkler systems also often develop these stains. Presto Restoration’s proprietary glass restoration products and specialized techniques remove stains and restore and maintain glass surfaces to prevent future staining.
- Scratches are typically caused by abrasive glass restoration products along with the scrapers technicians use, particularly during construction cleanup or paint and caulking removal efforts. This glass etching creates a cloudy appearance and makes your building’s windows appear dirty from both the inside and out. Presto’s technicians are skilled at repairing fine or deep scratches with techniques that leave a like-new appearance.
- Corrosion is a result of extreme exposure to damaging elements. Technicians must repair the damage by resurfacing the windows, which involves removing the corrosion along with an extremely thin layer of glass. This levels the surface and prevents any optical distortion.
- Concrete and mortar splatter, once dried, are notoriously difficult to remove. Standard industry practice calls for removing the splatters with stainless steel scraper blades and regular dishwashing liquid. Unfortunately, this approach leaves scratches on the glass surface. Instead, we use a proprietary product that contains phosphoric acid and acid-compatible polymers formulated to break down concrete’s calcium element while lubricating the glass surface to provide easy removal.
Presto Restoration not only restores your water-damaged glass surfaces to their former beauty, but we also help you develop and implement a preventative maintenance plan to mitigate future damage.
Cost Saving Benefits of Glass Protection Services
If your commercial building has older windows or even newer ones that haven’t been adequately maintained, glass restoration and protection services can revive the brilliance that deterioration and other damages have taken away. While water stains, scratches, and etching from built-up dirt, grime, and other materials remove a glass surface’s original luster, glass protection services are nearly always less expensive than replacing the windows. Plus, coating your windows makes them easier to clean in the future.
Whether you own one building or an entire portfolio of properties, Presto knows that what’s most important is ensuring your investment grows in value. Commercial glass protection services offer a positive economic impact on your bottom line now and in the future.
Presto’s Products Offer Long-Lasting Protection
Once we restore your building’s windows, we typically recommend applying a silicone protective treatment to prevent future damage and staining. Glass sealers are also often applied to new construction buildings or replacement glass to protect them from ever needing restoration.
Presto’s Glass Defender Series of protective treatments provide such a smooth surface you can easily clean any debris or dirt during routine maintenance. They work by installing a high-performance barrier between the glass surface and various environmental dangers. Unlike other glass protective treatments, the polymers in our Glass Defender HD and Glass Defender MD products are partially inorganic, meaning they won’t easily break down from UV degradation.
Glass Defender® MD
A high-performance product that protects glass from damaging elements while preventing scratching for five to ten years, Glass Defender MD (Medium Duty) provides an invisible coating that safeguards glass surfaces against most types of stains and minor scratching.
Glass Defender HD
Specifically designed for architectural glass surfaces, Glass Defender HD (Heavy Duty) helps protect plate or tempered glass from stains caused by adjacent oil-laden stone, such as precast that’s been sealed with organic water repellents. A low-cost solution, it also helps reduce scratches, has excellent beading capabilities, and allows windows to be cleaned two to three times annually using only deionized water.
When you put your trust in Presto Restoration for your commercial glass protection services, we not only provide outstanding restoration services, we also make sure you’re armed with the maintenance knowledge needed to extend the life of our glass protection treatments, so an extensive restoration is not needed again. Talk to us today to learn more. Call or request a quote.