Elastomeric wall coatings prevent cracks and water damage to concrete, stucco, masonry, and Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS). Unlike paint, they waterproof commercial structures by producing a much thicker, flexible layer to seal and bridge cracks.
Presto Restorations elastomeric wall coatings services provide excellent long-term protection for your industrial structure, high-rise office building, healthcare facility, hotel, historic structure, multi-family complex, or any other commercial building. Our nearly 30 years of experience as commercial building waterproofing contractors ensure efficient results and high-quality outcomes.
What Do Elastomeric Wall Coatings Services Entail?
Presto is committed to providing our customers with exceptional solutions, not just weatherproofing products. Our elastomeric wall coatings services provide waterproof barriers for porous substrates that last for decades.
- Pre-project testing. Once a weatherproofing project is ready to move forward, we conduct in-depth testing on your building’s materials to determine the best restoration and weatherproofing process.
- Surface preparation. Making any necessary repairs to a surface is a critical step in the exterior waterproofing process. Together with caulking, these repairs provide a sound substrate for any commercial waterproofing installation. Elastomeric coatings must have a clean surface to adhere to, so it’s also essential to remove any foreign contaminants like dirt, grease, oil, and other pollutants. Large cracks are treated with a sealant, and if necessary, a primer is applied.
- Product application. When providing elastomeric wall coatings services, we take a number of precautions to protect your building, the surroundings, and the occupants. We pay close attention to drift, which is the distance elastomeric coating particles can travel in the wind. Elastomeric coatings can be applied with brushes, rollers, and sprayers.
Once the process is complete, clean-up with soap and water while the coatings are still wet is done. Elastomeric coated surfaces are easily maintained. A simple building rinse-down every few years is all it takes.
Why It’s Essential to Weatherproof Walls
Besides the apparent benefit to weatherproofing walls—keeping the rain out—it’s also vital to preventing mold growth that can result in expensive building repairs and replacements, structural deficiencies, and tenant or resident exposure and health risks.
The best wall weatherproofing provides moisture, air, and temperature barriers explicitly designed for your building’s location and climate. It doesn’t matter if your commercial structure only sees occasional rain or is constantly exposed to inclement weather, every building can benefit from weatherproofing.
No building can be made 100% weatherproof, so inevitably, some intrusion will occur. When you weatherproof your commercial structure, it actually makes the building more breathable, which means any moisture or vapor building inside can escape. Weatherproofing also provides UV protection to prevent structural weakening. Finally, weatherproofing increases a commercial structure’s energy efficiency, thus lower operating costs.
Elastomeric Wall Coatings Can Transform Your Commercial Building
Elastomeric wall coatings services provide:
- A durable waterproof barrier that defies extreme weather conditions.
- Superior long-term performance.
- A strong return on your investment.
Although elastomeric coatings are more costly than other coatings, the numerous benefits they offer make them a great choice for preventing leakage and eliminating flaws caused by holes and cracks.
Not only do elastomeric wall coatings provide superior weatherproofing, long-term durability, and prolonged wall life, they also enhance your building’s appearance. Available in a wide range of colors, elastomeric coatings:
- Are impervious to mildew and dirt, which keeps your building looking like new.
- Adhere to almost every surface, resist cracking, and don’t require multiple coats.
- Are low V.O.C. and environmentally friendly.
Elastomeric wall coatings are a wise investment, providing many years of durable protection and outstanding beauty for your commercial buildings and parking structures.
Hiring a Professional Waterproofing Company Maximizes Your Investment
Presto Restoration’s elastomeric wall coatings services provide a tough film on your building’s surface that moves with its expansion and contraction cycles, keeping hairline cracks well sealed. The coatings prevent water from entering your structure and keep the interior dry and waterproof. When shrinkage cracks occur, elastomeric coatings bridge the gaps to maintain a watertight and attractive surface. Your building remains fresh-looking for years.
Whatever type of commercial structure you own, Presto’s elastomeric wall coatings services help you achieve maximum property value. To learn more about our elastomeric and other waterproof coatings services such as vehicular traffic bearing coating, concrete sealing, and industrial coatings, call us at 1-800-785-9927 or Request a Quote.