Why are commercial building waterproofing services so important? Commercial building leaks are the number one reason for lawsuits. One of the top ways architects and builders ensure their buildings are reliable and their occupants are safe and comfortable is to make sure they provide dependable, leak-free performance. To do so, they typically use caulking and coatings that, applied correctly, can last decades.
Because coatings and caulking can last so long, many building owners and managers put inspecting and replacing them on the back burner, where they tend to be forgotten. But because they both have a limited lifespan, they need to be regularly checked and, when necessary, replaced.
The Benefits of Commercial Building Waterproofing Services
Caulking and coatings do far more than merely prevent commercial building damage. When you schedule preventative maintenance for your commercial structure, you also gain from:
- Spotting problems early on. Whether your building’s newly constructed or older, it should be inspected to ensure it’s sufficiently waterproofed.
- Strengthening precast concrete. Continual water exposure can cause cracks in concrete that are unattractive and can lead to structural damages.
- Saving on maintenance. Commercial building waterproofing services help prevent major expensive repair work down the road by providing an extra layer of protection that prevents water intrusion.
- Improving indoor air quality. When a building is fully protected from outside elements, there’s less risk of moisture-related health and structural problems like mold, mildew, and wood rot.
Presto Restoration’s commercial building waterproofing services ensure your building receives all these benefits and more.
Caulking and Coatings
Caulking and coatings keep your newly constructed or older commercial building safe, structurally stable, and comfortable for occupants.
- Caulking fills in gaps and seams to make a structure impenetrable by water, air, and pests. Commercial strength caulking, which is available in different formulas, is a flexible, waterproof compound used to seal seams and joints. Proper application of the correct product for the job is vital to caulking’s success, as it makes your building water and airtight, preventing water leaks and other structural damage.
- Waterproofing coatings. Weatherproofing coating services inhibit the formation of cracks from building movement. They’re ideal for deterring water penetration on all types of surface materials and, when applied correctly, endure for decades.
When Should You Replace Commercial Building Caulking and Coatings?
Over time, all commercial buildings develop leaking and other structural issues. Caulking and waterproofing coatings stop any damage from growing so you can avoid additional harm to your building’s structural integrity.
Identifying one or more water leaks in your building and then taking steps to correct them and the damage they’ve done can significantly impact your building’s stability and its occupants’ safety. Commercial building owners and managers need to be aware of critical locations leaks and water intrusion occur.
- Connections and expansion joints
- Roof membrane edges and seams
- Window transition areas
- Incorrectly installed flashings
- Building facades and exteriors
- Access points for piping and wiring
- And more
Water intrusion can also cause premature deterioration of your building’s interior components and pose a severe risk to people’s health and safety. Protecting against this internal damage with innovative waterproofing and other restoration services should be a primary focus of building owners and management at all times.
A professional restoration and waterproofing company like Presto Restoration knows how to find building envelope water leaks, checking for air, water, and moisture intrusion at various levels and locations throughout your commercial structure. Our tests and assessments are designed to quickly identify problem areas so you can take steps to keep your building structurally sound.
Visual inspections by your staff and scheduled routine maintenance services from a professional provider are the best ways to deal with water intrusion issues. Presto’s caulking and coating services keep water infiltration problems from disrupting normal business operations and return your building to its original condition quickly and professionally. New construction or older building, we’re your single source building waterproofing services.
Importance of Choosing a Professional Waterproofing and Restoration Company
Choosing the proper caulking for your commercial building is critical to ensuring its structural integrity. A professional restoration company knows which products and application methods must be used to complete the work successfully.
Presto Restoration provides professional caulking and waterproofing services and products specifically designed to keep water and other outside menaces out of buildings, parking structures, and other spaces. We also offer consulting services that help you decide the most efficient and cost-effective way to approach caulking and waterproofing your new or existing building. Our silicone building sealants effectively sealing expansion and control joints and protect a wide range of materials, including glass, painted metal, aluminum, steel, EIFs, precast, and more. For more than 25 years, we’ve helped commercial builders and managers protect their structure’s exterior surfaces. We can do the same for you!