The benefits of commercial building waterproofing services on the facade of new construction can’t be overstated. Just as with caulking, every exterior surface of a new commercial building, including the parking structure, should be sealed against water intrusion.
No matter which area of the country it’s being built in, constructing a new commercial building is an expensive proposition. Single-story office buildings cost anywhere from $240 to $290 per square foot. Mid-rises range from $475 to $570 and a high-rise can run between $545 and $654 per square foot. With the average size of a commercial building around 20,000 square feet, it’s a huge investment that needs serious protection.
Which type of waterproofing solutions and services you choose for your newly constructed commercial high-rise, multi-family complex, or other facility depends largely on the building’s structural makeup.
Benefits of Commercial Building Waterproofing Solutions
Every owner and manager wants their commercial building to last as long as possible. Waterproof coatings protecting their valuable investment and guard against exposure and risk of loss and damage. Perfect for surfaces like glass, metal, and stone, the benefits to applying a waterproofing solution to your commercial structure include:
- Improved appearance. A waterproof solution helps preserve the building’s like-new appearance and fights against the discoloration that can occur from leeching and mildew staining. Water that penetrates a building’s facade can create cracks or holes in the surface.
- Increased safety. Many hazards and safety concerns can be avoided through the use of protective coatings. When buildings are protected against water intrusion, it leads to a safer work environment.
- Lower maintenance costs. Protecting your building’s exterior helps save you money on maintenance, repair, and replacement costs. It can even help you save on insurance costs.
Waterproofing your commercial building also adds tremendous value to the structure as it keeps it from deteriorating over time.
What Happens If a New Commercial Building Isn’t Waterproofed?
It doesn’t matter if your building is exposed to constant wet conditions or only sees occasional rain, it can benefit from waterproofing. Here’s how.
- Waterproofing makes the building more breathable, which means liquid and vapor can escape. Particularly in buildings with full or partial wood exteriors, walls that can’t breathe can quickly become a place for mold, mildew, and rot to appear, weakening the structure. Steel surfaces that aren’t breathable can begin to rust from water and moisture buildup.
- Resistance to damage caused by UV rays is another benefit of waterproof solutions, particularly for roofs and parking structures, as UV rays can weaken a building’s integrity.
- Did you know waterproofing can also increase your building’s energy efficiency? It’s true. Water intrusion can result in indoor temperature changes that cause your HVAC system to work harder. That can translate into higher utility bills.
Waterproofing Solutions and Services for New Construction
Presto Restoration’s industrial coatings come in a variety of uses and functions and can be applied to glass, stone, and metal surfaces. Our waterproofing services include:
- Pressure Washing
- Chemical Cleaning
- Clear Repellants
- Elastomeric Waterproof Coatings
- Horizontal/traffic-grade Waterproof Coatings
Each of our professional waterproofing services and solutions for new construction produces waterproof surfaces that last for decades and give you the confidence of knowing your new building and parking structure will look beautiful for years to come.
Presto Restoration for All Your Commercial Building Exterior Waterproofing Needs
Protective coatings are an excellent way to extend the life of your newly constructed commercial structure. Proper waterproofing solutions and application techniques are key to keeping your building safe, structurally stable, and comfortable for occupants.
For more than 25 years, Presto Restoration has provided professional waterproofing solutions and waterproofing services to commercial builders in every industry and throughout the country. Our new construction waterproofing services and products are designed to keep water out of buildings, parking structures, and other spaces. We also offer consulting services to help you choose the best and most cost-effective approach to waterproofing your new building. Our experience and expertise in commercial waterproofing have made us one of the industry’s and country’s most trusted companies.
Whether you’re building a new high-rise, mid-rise, condominium complex, church, stadium, dome, churches, hospital, hotel, or multi-family apartment complexes, we have the expertise and experience to protect your building’s exterior surfaces. Our one goal is to help you protect your valuable investment from damaging environmental factors like water intrusion.
In addition to our premium commercial waterproofing services and waterproofing solutions for new construction, we specialize in a wide range of commercial building exterior restoration services for existing structures. Our skilled technicians stand ready to deliver the exceptional restoration and waterproofing services you need and deserve.
Contact Presto Restoration for a free consultation today.
Call us at 1-800-785-9927 or Request A Quote.